Our venue is certified with the prestigious Bureau Veritas SafeGuard Label, which attests to its compliance with the highest hygiene standards. Bureau Veritas, a world leader in testing, inspection and certification services has developed detailed checklists with global health, safety and hygiene specialists to ensure safe procedures are in place for the resumption of business operations in line with local and international regulations, as well as recognised best practices. Detailed audits are carried out to ensure that safety measures are implemented across the venue efficiently, with the SafeGuard label awarded only when all of their stringent requirements are met.
Together with this, DWTC’s own ‘Venue Safe’ standards ensure strict adherence to all safety and hygiene measures for the safe return of organised events.
As we get ready to welcome you back with minimum impact on your event experience, the following Event Safety Measures have been put in place for an assured and secure visit. For your own safety, compliance is legally required in all areas; a team of our dedicated and trained ‘Venue Safe’ champions will be happy to assist you across the venue.
TICKETING / REGISTRATION PROCESS
- Online pre-registration and ticket purchases are required for all events for contact tracing purposes
- Over-the-counter registration is not possible at this time
- In case a helpdesk or a ticket sales area is required onsite, compliance to social distancing norms for queuing with 2m floor markers will be followed
- Automated ticket/badge dispensation with contactless payments will be implemented, where applicabl
VENUE ACCESS AND PARKING
We encourage you to arrive at the venue earlier than usual, to allow more time for enhanced safety checks.
- Visitors can use the Exhibition Street Parking with direct access to the venue
- Taxi, Uber and Careem drop-off points are available at both Exhibition Gate and Convention Gate. The World Trade Centre Metro Station is only a 5 minute walk from the venue
- Sanitisation of frequently-touched parking areas like payment machines and attendant booths is thoroughly carried out
- Social distancing stickers are placed in all elevators and walkways
ARRIVAL AT THE VENUE
- All visitors will be screened via contactless temperature checks prior to entering the venue through designated entrances
- If a visitor is identified with high temperature, the individual may be requested to wait for 2-5 minutes for the body temperature to cool down, after which a follow-up temperature check will be done
- If high temperature is still indicated, the individual will be directed to an isolation room and the Emergency Medical Services Team (EMS) will be contacted for further action in compliance with Dubai Health Authority procedures
DURING THE EVENT
- Please follow the clearly marked and separate entry and exit points
- Wearing a face mask is mandatory at all times including inside the halls, gloves are optional
- Please keep social distancing when greeting and refrain from exchanging business cards
- Barcode or QR codes will be digitally scanned to allow entry where applicable
- Regular handwashing is recommended. Alternatively, please sanitise your hands frequently using the sanitisers provided across the venue
- Please keep a social distance of 2 metres at all times. When queuing, please stand on the floor stickers to ensure minimum distance. Our event seating capacities have also been adjusted to accommodate this social distance
- Contactless payments are recommended at all the venue’s outlets and for catering purchases during the event
- Only pre-packaged food and beverages with disposable cutlery will be permitted during events. Self-service is not allowed, please wait to be served
- No physical fan/audience interaction is allowed during live events
DEPARTURE FROM THE VENUE
- Please follow the clearly marked, dedicated exits when leaving
- Signage is located at taxi ranks outlining the venue’s safety regulations. Additional traffic marshals may also be positioned to ensure safe distancing, when needed
- Contactless parking payments have been implemented where possible
All measures are in place to keep you safe
The team at DWTC are working around the clock to ensure that events run safely and have implemented a range of measures including an enhanced cleaning regime, improved air circulation, multiple hand sanitiser stations, temperature checks, and directional signage where required.
- Rigorous sanitisation of the halls are conducted pre and post event
- Sanitisers have been installed in all key areas
- Dedicated staff have been assigned to disinfect common areas including all frequently touched surfaces such as lift buttons, hand rails, door knobs, seating areas, tables, reception lobbies, restroom rooms, prayer rooms, throughout the day.
- Common areas are being fumigated by a professionally trained team
- Chemicals used for disinfection and housekeeping purpose are quaternary ammonium based products approved by Dubai Municipality and Dubai Health Authority
- Designated bins are located throughout the venue to ensure that used Personnel Protective Equipment (PPE) is disposed in a safe manner
- Prayer Rooms are partially open during prayer times with precautionary measures in place to keep worshippers safe
- Restrooms (including floors, mirrors, wash basins and amenities) are cleaned and disinfected hourly
RESTAURANTS AND DESIGNATED CATERING AREAS
- Seating capacity and social distancing requirements are in place
- Dedicated staff to clean and sanitise tables and chairs after every use
COMMUNICATION AND SIGNAGE
The safety and wellbeing of our visitors, customers and staff is our number one priority and this is reflected in our communication:
- Venue Safety Guidelines are displayed across the venue
- Signage at all key locations is in place to ensure social distancing practices are maintained
Your safety is important to us
If you are planning to organise an event at DWTC soon, detailed guidelines and checklists specific to your event can be made available via your dedicated Event Planner. For more information, please email us at email@example.com.
While all measures are in place to keep you safe, your participation at the event is at your own discretion and associated risks. Dubai World Trade Centre can assume no responsibility for any personal illness, injury, damages or losses resulting from your visit.
These guidelines have been published on the 12th of August 2020. We continue to closely monitor the COVID-19 situation and will be constantly updating our safety standards based on the latest guidelines issued by the government authorities.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our venue.