Verticals: Humanitarian Assistance & Disaster Response
Satellite communications has a well-recognised critical role in bringing us the pictures and voices that report on humanitarian assistance and appeal for help with emergency funding when disaster strikes. Satellite communications in such circumstances is not limited nor confined to news reporting, and to broadcasting appeals for monetary aid, but is an integral and mission-critical foundation to the work of organising and delivering humanitarian aid and resources.
- Satellite industry engagement with HADR community – international agencies, governments/militaries, and NGOs
- The first 48-hours – supporting supply logistics, providing urgent medical care and coordination of relief efforts
- Longer-term: recovery and rebuilding
- Satellite communications when terrestrial networks fail
- From ‘satphone’ to broadband – what first responders need in the field
- From satcoms to Earth imaging – expanding applications for HADR