The increasingly widespread use of satellite communications in the various segments of the maritime sector is a continuing trend. The maritime connectivity market continues to be vibrant, as ship-owners transition to the next level of broadband connectivity. The merchant, passenger and leisure segments have all been supporting growth in revenues and capacity usage, while a re-bounding oil pricing accelerates the offshore segment.
- HTS oceanic coverage and capacity trends
- Capacity and terminal pricing trends
- Capacity demand forecasts
- New applications patterns
- Value-added services and operations outsourcing
- Driving new generation satellite system purchases: passenger demand, crew welfare, regulatory pressures