VIRTUAL PRODUCTION STUDIO in partnership with
Find Out How You Could Create Incredible Virtual Sets for Any Film
The Virtual Production Studio demo will feature exclusively at CABSAT 2023 to provide guidance, tips, and best practices for filmmakers who want to work with virtual sets for films, TV shows, commercials, and live events. The demo guide covers various topics related to working with virtual sets, including:
- An overview of virtual sets and how they work
- The benefits and limitations of using virtual sets in production
- Types of virtual set software and hardware
- The technical requirements for creating and shooting on virtual sets
- The pre-production process, including planning, designing, and creating virtual sets
- The production process, including setting up cameras, lighting, and sound on a virtual set
- Directing actors and capturing realistic performances on a virtual set
- Post-production workflows, including compositing, editing, and colour-grading footage
Virtual Production Provides a Range of Benefits for Filmmakers
Virtual production is a powerful tool for filmmakers, offering creative possibilities, improved efficiency, and cost savings than traditional production methods. It allows filmmakers to create stunning and immersive visual experiences for their audiences and opens up new opportunities for storytelling and expression.
- Realistic performances: an immersive and practical environment for actors to perform. They can interact with the virtual environment in real time, allowing for more natural and convincing performances.
- Pre-visualisation: a highly accurate and detailed visual representation of the final product during pre-production that allows filmmakers to make informed decisions about the lighting, camera angles, and framing before filming begins, reducing the need for extensive post-production work.
- Efficiency: streamline the production process by allowing filmmakers to capture multiple scenes and camera angles in a single location, reducing the time and resources required for filming and post-production, improving efficiency and cost savings
- Creative freedom: more creative freedom for filmmakers to explore and experiment with different visual styles and environments. They can create highly realistic and detailed virtual sets that were previously impossible or too expensive to achieve.
- Better control: providing filmmakers with greater control over the visual aspects of their scenes, allowing them to adjust the lighting, colour, and texture of the virtual environment to match the tone and mood of the scene ensures consistency and continuity throughout the production.
Save production budget
Productions can save time, money and carbon footprint. As more footage is captured on-camera, post-production budgets are also kept under control. And it's easy to switch between any number of locations in minute, minimising the need for travel to film on-location
- Reduced need for location: With virtual production, filmmakers can digitally create highly realistic environments and settings, reducing the need for costly location shoots.
- Streamlined post-production: By capturing and compositing multiple components in real-time, virtual production reduces the amount of post-production needed, saving time and money.
- Iteration: virtual production allows filmmakers to see the final product in real-time and iterate and change the creative direction, reducing the need for reshoots or additional post-production.
- Reduced reliance on physical sets and props: With virtual production, filmmakers can create highly detailed and realistic sets, characters, and props digitally, reducing the need for expensive physical construction.
- Control over lighting and camera: with Virtual production, filmmakers have complete control over lighting and camera angles, which reduces the need for expensive equipment and crew